Monday, October 22, 2007

I love going up north!


Posted by PicasaAnd here I am at work. This is my view as I look out one of the windows. Its still pretty dark out. Thats what happens when you get up at the butt crack of dawn to go to work.

Ok, so how is everyone today? I am super happy because its my last day of work for a whole week. We head up north Wed. am, about 3 am. Once up North we are cut off from civilization. That is to say no Internet, no land line, and no cable. LOL. It is not completely horrible and it is good to disconnect. It forces you into a different mindset. Easier for the adults, but not so easy for the kids. Caveboy is content as long as he has a video games. But that takes up the one TV that is up there. So that leaves Pixie at loose ends. She will most likely color and draw. Maybe bring some dolls to play with.

And of course we will have the pups to play with, the men will be hunting and all the fun shopping the girls can do. Me I have plenty to keep me busy. I haven't been able to catch up on my DVr'd shows. So I have about 6 DVDs worth of taped programs to watch...LOL. And I hope to use this time to finish Caveboy's afghan that I started this past winter. And hopefully get a good start on Pixie's. And I hope to take advantage of my mother-in-law's knitting experience and get some hands on instruction.

Of course it never turns out the way its planned. There are nightly campfires, ATv's to be ridden, shopping excursions to be undertaken, relatives to be visited and hopefully a little time left over for some peace and quiet. I predict that when I get home Caveboy's afghan will still be unfinished, Pixie's un-started, and I will still have at least 3 DVD's worth of shows to still watch.

So anyway, I know I am not the best at regular blog posts, but for sure this will be my last post for probably at least a week. Unless I get access to a comp up north. We'll see. So everyone have a great week and weekend. Later.

No comments: