Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I Love Summer

We its almost over and its been a busy one! The kids were gone to Missouri for a month, basement flooded for two months, found out Maverick (and a few thousand other people in Janesville) would be losing his job, got a moped, got a kitten, got a Wii, reconnected with an old friend....phew! Its been quite a summer.

I have barely been at home. While the kids were gone Maverick worked a bit then was layed off. We spent most of the time hanging with our friends and hanging out with each other.

Meanwhile our basement (along with half the city of Janesville) flooded. Maverick and I decided to make some money and threw some stuff in a rummage sale our friends were having. Yes we made money but we more than spent it when a neighbor got a new moped and sold his old one to us. I LOVE IT! (Whole 'nother blog entry.) I ride it to work and when Maverick goes back to work, he will ride it then. Saves a ton of money on gas.

Then it was time to go get the kids. Rained the whole way to Missouri and the whole way back. Fun times. Now that the kids are back we are still never home. I can probably list the number of times we have actually eaten at home. Usually we are grilling out (and eating outside)

Ahh the life of summer. lets see, what haven't I covered? Oh yeah, General Motors announced they would be closing the plant in Janesville which throws the entire city into a state of CHAOS! Most especially us. The closing of GM also means the closing of LSI and Lear, which is where Mav works of course. More fun times.

Freinds found 2 stray cats and tried to find them homes. well after a weekend of babysitting the little girl we ended up taking her. Sassy is a bundle of joy and especially ENERGY!

We finally got the Wii that we promised Caveboy if he kept his grades A's. The whole family has been enjoying it. Gives you a real work out.

And of course the friend I reconnected with is the one I have been spending most of my extra time with.

Its been a crazy summer and I hope the last month of it is as fun filled as this one.

How has your summer been?

No comments: